Thursday, November 13, 2008

eye candy around town

hi sis,

twinpopyale wanted to redeem herself from her wtf-email-forwarding binge.

and i quote...

"Ok, here's an "I love Manila" website for your blog (para hindi ako puro wtf).

http://inthephilippines.ph/2008/10/edsa-is-now-an-outdoor-art-gallery/

I was on my way home from Subic last Sunday night and I saw a giant billboard with one of MM Yu's photographs on it. (I remember it because it was exhibited here in the [ateneo art] gallery and it was one of my favorite pieces. It is both a page from one of her photo books in her collected - recollected exhibit and she blew it up for her exhibit here in the gallery.) I was so shocked to see it... mejo surreal to see artwork on a billboard.... but very very cool. Anyway, I asked MM about it and apparently its part of a bigger project. I love these people for coming up with this idea! Its so refreshing to art in public spaces. Its so heartening to see images that are just meant to make you think and react rather than buy.

The Manila Outdoor Gallery rocks!"


here's a glimpse of the other artworks that will pop up around our cities...

No comments: