Tuesday, May 11, 2010

ever the optimist.

this is the high school where i casted my vote.

(notice the building looming above???)


lines were long, and it was very hot (as everyone had said).


the line in the classroom before the actual classroom where we vote...


but i was more than happy to endure -- with cold water and this book in tow...


between the long wait, the nerves (of filling up the lone ballot correctly), and the thrill of voting for a president for the first time, it was quite an emotional experience for me,

especially as i got my indelible ink on my finger (gross photo below).


needless to say i'm BEYOND thrilled that our elections went relatively smoothly, and we actually have RESULTS so early on!!!

kudos to dick who really pushed for automated elections.


and even if pretty much none of my candidates will make it...

and the last names on the roster board are as old and cliche and tiresome as can be,

i'm as hopeful as ever.

2 comments:

Feefs! said...

Hiii! Welcome home! I'll be ready to work with Messy next week! :) Excited to learn!

flower said...

thanks feefs!

hey it's perfect timing since it'll also be the first day of my new assistant. i shall send you a message :)