Today is the 75th birthday of one of our heroes, the Dalai Lama.
In honor of his big day, I'd like to share some of his pragmatic words of wisdom...
1. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
2. Our prime purpose in life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
3. Sleep is the best meditation. (I'm sure you like this one!)
4. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
5. The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for all goodness.
6. There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
7. When ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.