Friday, August 15, 2008

more food!

speaking of food...
there's been this new craze in nyc -- gourmet grilled cheese (usually served with tomato soup).

a few years back, there was a gourmet burger craze.

this one, by famous nyc chef Daniel Boulud, i was able to taste at the Wynn in Vegas.  It has foie gras, truffle, etc....


it was sokey lang...  

the super out-of-this-world waterfall-show which you could see from the resto was better.


ANYWAY, back to grilled cheese....

now the craze is all about the grilled cheese.  this $50 dollar one was made famous by Gossip Girl.



the real one, made with truffles, etc., is available in a resto called Gilt

since i also love cheese and tomato, i have my own club 22a version.  but of course, it's not expensive, and it's not as fattening too!

instead of grilled cheese, i do a grilled pita pizza -- basically parmesan and basil on a whole wheat pita.


so that's what i had for lunch.  

yun lang, just wanted to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does that Bouloud Burger have a face??

oh, I like the platinum wig also by the way (re: the other wig post!)

Anonymous said...

i actually had 3 or 4 slices of that bread for lunch...even if I couldn't taste it

Anonymous said...

I think I ate that pita pizza already! I loooovvvee 22a food!!!! (read as I love regatta!)