Saturday, August 30, 2008

twilight

tsk tsk... shopping online after we had just come from the mall...haha :)... something that i am trying to avoid given my new, though temporary, "life". in the meantime, i've been thinking of what i could keep myself busy with (other than frisbee, biking, running, climbing and online shopping). i thought of going back to knitting, or finishing my creative day project, but then not being able to move one arm freely kinda makes that a little hard. and just as i was finishing my haircut yesterday, Drea starts "passionately" talking about this book to me...

"Twilight" is the first book of a saga of 4, the debut work of author Stephenie Meyer that was #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Drea calls it the "new harry potter" for teens, "sweet valley high meets anne rice" (haha!), its about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire. she had me at hello. haha. so right after my haircut, i go straight into a national bookstore branch to get a copy (and they are actually running out of copies!). i started reading it before i went to bed last night and had a hard time putting it down. i know you don't like fiction much but i can lend this to you when i'm done (which might be soon).


what i really should've been reading was this, though, as recommended by our "enlightened" brother. its been on my night table for several weeks now, but i've managed to avoid it for now...


i'm not really an avid reader, as you know. maybe because i find it hard to keep still for long periods of time. or i have a really short attention span - the book has to really engage me, or else it will end up back on my bookshelf with a permanent bookmark in it, along with the rest of my attempts. i think the last book i finished was one you recommended to me. it was the perfect read for my trip to eastern europe last year!!!


i think i'm staying in today to read my book :)

(btw, i would choose the raspberry or the lime.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must read THE SHACK